Thursday, October 05, 2006

Stinky Girl Candles---Affordable Luxury

When it happens that I'm over in the Bucktown/Wicker Park neighborhood of Chicago I like to stop in a little store named Tatine.

They make stinky girl candles and all of the accompanying ilk that us broads like to snap up for our homes.

The owner and staff and incredibly helpful and have items at all spectrums of the price range. This is especially helpful to those of use who can't blow hundreds of dollars on home scents and bath oils.

But oh that I did...

Anyhoo---I popped in yesterday and found my newest affordable luxury: Lemongrass coconut scented votives at $1.75 a piece.

Not only do they smell wonderful but the owner makes all of the candles in the basement.

Everyone wins on this one---I'm supporting a locally owned female business; I get to purchase stinky girl candles and don't have to take out a second mortgage; my house smells good but not like every other woman's house that buys a candle from Bath & Body Works or Banana Republic.

Stop by and see the ladies when you get a chance. The holidays are coming and I'm sure some of their wares would make great gifts.

No comments: