Monday, October 30, 2006

Here We Go Again or Is The Grass Really Greener?

Persistence pays off---or at least that what I hear.

The saga of the crappy looking parkway and grass across the street from me is a regular drum I beat around here at I Hate My Developer.

The fact that it’s being cleaned is great but I want my hoody hoo to look top notch.

Cracked sidewalks, weeds and misplaced asphalt isn’t exactly going to win the neighborhood any gardening awards.

As a matter of fact, it looks like ass.

Our friends, the school across the street, will either be trying to go for a grant to get the work done or will somehow find the money to make the magic happen.

After all, at least a block of the two block stretch of my street was supposed to be done before the fall.

It’s now October 30th and I’m still looking at assphalt.

I’ll be putting in a call to the Fresh Faced Youth to remind him that the 2007 community grant applications will be mailed shortly.

You see we’re gonna put our heads together and see if the both of us can come up with a winning proposal.

I feel like I’m at a metaphoric craps table looking for a score.

Mama needs some new green space across the street---big money, no whammies!

Methinks the larger question is what happens if the school doesn’t get the grant? Will they attempt to leave the parkway on the south end of their property in its current condition?

The school’s actions in this matter will be of interest to many.

If I were a betting woman I’d put my chips on black.

No comments: