Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's Happening!

There’s heavy equipment in the middle of the street and a dumpster at the corner.

My neighbor’s Chrysler 300 just got towed.

There are at least three guys who work for the city standing around doing nothing. In their defense they are waiting for the rest of the cars to get towed from the side of the street the where the work will be performed.

Yup, it smells like parkway construction.

Ladies and Gentlemen, through this blog, you have a front row seat to the continued rebirth of Woodlawn.

I’m so excited I’m about to pee on myself.

If you see some lady in a red robe with a headscarf jumping up and down, don’t call the police just calmly approach and speak to me in soothing dulcet tones. Eventually I'll focus and calm down.

And if you happen to have a bottle of Veuve, well all’s the better.

2 comments:

Asiwaju said...

Good to see some real construction taking place finally. Columbia Pointe sale’s office opened about 1 month ago and they are building to the left & the right of 63rd street from ellis down to the woodlawn…that should help w/property values and increased police/construction presence during the day (hopefully’d lead to reduced afternoon break-ins in woodlawn)…what side of the world is new construction taking place in your neck of the woods..i always like to play the “I was just driving by and saw the open house” game on the weekends w/the new developments.

The Woodlawn Wonder said...

Omo,

Well there are those developments they're doing around the corner on 65th place. Not to mention the new developments on Dorchester that I've blogged about this spring and summer.

Thanks for the good information about the Columbia Pointe sales office. I'll be sure to check it out as a drift by on the 63rd Street bus.