Monday, November 23, 2009

On The Come Up, Garden Edition

I was waiting for the bus last week and happened to look over towards the community garden and saw new structures on the property.

Now that the leaves are off the trees you can easily see the garden from Stony Island.

Naturally, I trotted over there a few days later and this is what I saw:







We now have a new pergola that will be catching rain water for collection in one of several barrels AND provide shade.

As you can see, they kept the old one. It's just in another part of the garden.

There is also a new sturdily constructed storage shed.



You know it's quality when you see the nice Amish people hammering away.

Out of all of the odd sights I've seen on the south side, none was odder than the Amish rolling through the 'hood.

Perhaps other business people will take note. The Amish will go anywhere they can make money. They don't judge a neighborhood by marketing and sales projections and put out a quality product.

Plus I've been angling to get one of those white caps for my hair when I garden.

Nonetheless, the garden looks even better, cleanup day is tomorrow AND I hear that we're getting a new fence in the spring.

Now if we could only get rid of those flipping Japanesse beatles.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.