Friday, December 23, 2005

Mundane

I’ve been perusing the Walgreens weekly sales paper looking for deals.

I planted basil seeds and tulip bulbs that I’ll force up sometime in the late winter when the Chicago weather makes me wish I lived somewhere else.

I’ve caught up reading all of my favorite blogs.

I’ve finished cleaning up from my Christmas party---finally washing and packing away the chaffing dishes as well as getting every last spot out of my white cotton embroidered Pottery Barn reindeer tablecloth.

Hint: Purex liquid detergent applied directly to the stains (satay sauce, meatball drippings, cocktail sauce) along with the regular amount in the wash water. Let the machine agitate for a few minutes and if possible stop the washer and let the object(s) soak for a good four hours. When you turn the machine back on and let it finish its cycle that bad boy will not have a stain on it---guaranteed.

I’ve vacuumed and swept.

I’m starting to plan my garden for the 2006 planting season. I know it’s early but I really do like to garden. Plus when you have no car you have to plan and execute things with military like precision.

I’ve spent time with my cat. I believe he wonders where I go everyday to keep him in kibble and squeaky toys.

I made a huge crock-pot of beef barley soup that I’m going to divide into smaller containers and put up in the freezer.

I’m figuring out bills and expenses for the next few weeks as payday coincides with New Years. And let’s face it, who wants to enter in a new year with no cash?

By the way, paying bills sucks.

I’m also trying to figure out what to wear to the Eve of the Eve. Classic Black or an icy light blue? Strapless or sequins? Decisions, decisions…

I mailed off the condo association’s refuse rebate form to our Alderman.

I’ve decided that I’m going to bake a white chocolate pound cake for a New Year’s Day brunch that I’ve been invited to.

I suppose this is what life is really like when condo and developer issues don’t dominate your every waking moment.

No comments: