Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Flashing Clock

**Cell phone ringing***

"Hello."

"Hello Woody, are you at home today?"

"No, I actually have to work. What's up?"

"ComEd is in the alley setting up a work area and I thought you might want to know about it."

I almost fainted in my cube.

After many months of chasing ComEd to come and put a protective housing around our taped and seemingly spliced together wires, the rubber finally met the road yesterday when the task was actually completed.

Naturally another neighbor called because the power was shut off for about a half an hour but the inconvenience was kept to a minimum.

This neighbor also commented about ComEd informing us about any work and the ensuing power outages, but I kindly reminded her that it was a minor miracle that the work was getting done at all after five years. Additionally she wants a major utility that has no way of internally tracking work requests to have the ability to inform the consumer about work that will affect their homes or businesses?

Yeah, right.

Nonetheless big props to ComEd for finally making the magic happen. I'm sure the call my alderman's staff made to one of their ComEd contacts didn't slow the process down either.

At least now we know that if our power goes out it won't be because of some bootleg ass taped up wires.

No comments: