Tuesday, August 19, 2008

To The Market I Go

These are the sights I see when I go to the Woodlawn Farmer's market on Saturdays.


Once I hit Dorchester I pass by Apostolic Church. The flowers in the parking medians are just the living end.



As I keep on heading north on Dorchester, around 62nd Street, I was struck by how nice the lawn looked at this house.



So I keep on walking north until I hit 61st Street and the sign welcoming me to the Woodlawn Farmer's Market.


Yeah we don't have alot of booths---yet. Hope springs eternal for next year though.


Crepes in Woodlawn? Who knew?



Tomato Mountain Farms organic Habanero Salsa. If you like hot, I strongly suggest you pick up a jar. It's fire.



Bleeding Heart Bakery. I love them. Their Goat Cheese and Basil croissants are the shit. I wish they would come to the market every week.



Hopefully our little market will be teeming with vendors in '09. Woodlawn needs more fruits, vegetables and flowers too.

2 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

I passed by Apostolic today - well, on my way to the gym. But um, why did I know nothing about this? I have a food blog - www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com and this would be perfect for the food blog.

Foxy Knitter said...

Great blog! I saw the link to you on Hyde Park Progress. Have you been to the Bronzeville Market (44th and Cottage Grove) on Sundays yet? It's a little bigger than the Woodlawn market, and there are more produce booths. There are also 2 booths selling cooked food. It's my new Sunday brunch spot.