Monday, January 16, 2006

Ain’t That A Bitch

I just solved a mystery.

It seems that the electricity in the basement of my building may be directly tied into the electrical circuit for my unit. I may be wrong but I strongly suspect this to be the case.

How do I know?

Today when the porch crew’s power tools tripped the electricity and shut down the power to my laundry room and to the refrigerator’s outlet; flipping the switches on the main circuit breaker panel produced zero results. I flipped the switches on the circuit breaker panel that controlled my unit and voila---we had power back in the basement and to my outlet and laundry room again.

I am so pissed I could spit nails.

No fucking wonder my electric bills have been so consistently high. At first blush, it would seem that I’ve been paying for my building’s basement electricity. Every time someone leaves the light on downstairs, it’s money out of my pocket.

Now ain’t that a bitch.

No comments: