Tuesday, January 17, 2006

My Response To The City

January 17, 2006

Barbara Gressel
Department of Consumer Services
Richard J. Daley Center
50 West Washington Street
Room 208
Chicago, IL 60602

Re: Case #XXXX

Ms. Gressel:

It was with great disappointment I received your letter dated January 12, 2006.

I appreciate and thank both you and your staff for the extensive review of the fraud complaint I filed against XXXX with regards to the XXXX Condominium Association.

I am curious about what document(s) or burden of proof one needs to file to successfully prove a violation of the deceptive practices ordinance? Further clarification would be gratefully appreciated.

Lastly, I recently found a copy of a newspaper ad that ran in the Chicago Sun Times advertising the sale of the XXXX Condominium Association and have included a copy for your records. Above the starting price of $99,500 reads a tag line that states “Fully renovated 1, 2 and 3 bedroom units…”

If the words “fully renovated” don’t imply or indicate that the home that you’re buying is free from latent defects, poor workmanship, unheeded code violations and third party lawsuits then the laws and ordinances of both this city and state need a major overhaul.

Once again, thank you for you and your staff’s scrutiny of my complaint. I look forward to receiving your answer about my deceptive practices question.

Sincerely,


The Woodlawn Wonder



Cc: XXXX, Attorney General’s Office, State of Illinois
Re: XXXX

Alderman Leslie Hairston, 5th Ward

No comments: