Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back To Work Checklist

Now that the flurry of holiday activities have come and gone, I realize that I still have some outstanding business to wrap up from 2005.

I never got my initial fraud complaint to Representative Bobby Rush, State Representative Barbara Flynn Currie and State Senator Kwame Raoul. Their offices are located on the south side and it’s difficult for me to get the mountain of material that I’ve amassed to them during regular business hours. Sometime this month, I’ll take a day or two off and play mailperson and finish what I started.

I also am thisclose to finishing a do-it-yourself website for the association. Since we still have a cadre of non-resident owners, it makes sense that they should be able to access old meeting minutes and financial records. Hopefully we’ll be able to hold virtual meetings at this website so we won’t have to worry about finding a physical spot to meet each month. I also think it’s important to have a virtual repository for important information and documents in the event of a fire.

The great thing about the website is that the information can be seen only by invited members who complete the registration. While I pitched this to the board last year and received approval, I have yet to bring it up to the current board. Then of course we have yet to have a meeting in 2006. I don’t anticipate anyone having a problem with open communication among a pre-approved membership.

We also need to make sure that we file our non-profit annual report with the state as well as prepare to file taxes.

Lastly, I think we need to prepare some kind of comprehensive report for 2005; a document highlighting the significant progress in the management of the association.

It never hurts to do a post mortem on what ideas work.

No comments: