Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Crappy New Year

I am an insensitive ass who sends offensive e-mails.

Or at least that’s what I was told in so many words by one of my neighbors late last week.

The bone of contention seems to be the ever-popular maintenance schedule.

One of my neighbors dropped me an e-mail last week stating that she had been cleaning her hallways and she wanted to know if the maintenance schedule had been adhered to. I replied to her original inquiry plus added in a few more tidbits for future reference.

Perhaps that was the problem---I should have answered only the question(s) that was posed to me.

If you’re on a witness stand and offer any more information other than a truthful answer to a question, you’re more than likely to get yourself into a heap of trouble.

I should of stuck to that rule. I’m such a dumbass.

In return I got a concise dressing down about my offensive e-mails.

That right---emails---as in plural, as in more than one.

This was all news to me.

I replied back to my neighbor---a person who I’ve really had no problem with until now by the way---that I didn’t quite know what the issue was but I answered her question with facts and didn’t quite know how she misinterpreted my message.

I backed that up with a call inviting her to discuss this if she felt the need.

Now that ought to be an interesting phone call.

For all intensive purposes I’m done with it---I said what I had to say. If we both need to talk about it at a later date, I’ll be game but it’s not tops on my “to do” list.

So I guess I won’t be nominated for neighbor of the year. Oh bother.

No comments: