Wednesday, February 22, 2006

In Search of Slick Rick

Only I would fly across an ocean to look for a man who immigrated to the United States 27 years ago.

Well I didn’t specifically go there to look for the infamous rapper Slick Rick but it couldn’t hurt to poke my nose around while I was there.

Note: When in the ‘hoods of Richmond and Sheen you will get a lot of funny looks when to ask if anyone knows the whereabouts of Rick.

Imagine my surprise when no one knew who he was. Not so much on rap tip, those saucy southwesterners.

Nonetheless here a partial list of places I asked about Rick when I was on the town:

The American Bar at The Savoy
Portobello Road
Oxo Tower Bar
The Lobby Bar at The One Aldwych Hotel
The Hare and Hounds

No dice, nothing, nadda, nope. No sightings---No Rick.

When I did a little research and found out he actually lives in the Bronx, I pondered all of this over pasta and wine at the Harrod’s Terrace Bar.

Who knew?

No comments: