Monday, June 19, 2006

Finally

Believe it or not the 2004 refuse rebate check is here.

Christ almighty.

Now it doesn’t bother me one bit that it takes the city so long to process these requests. If memory serves me correctly, I submitted both the 2003 & 2004 requests in January 2005.

The city’s pace should never be a factor. If you’re trying to do something with them you should always know that it will take some time to process.

The issue, my friends is the mail.

Apparently the check was mailed on May 12th. It just got returned back to the department who sent it on Friday, June 16th.

It took over a month to recover this bad boy.

And do you want to know what the kicker is?

On the front of the envelope is a big yellow label stating that delivery was attempted but the address was not known. No forwarding address was on file---return to sender.

Curious, eh?

It doesn’t stand to reason why I’m getting some of my mail but other things simply don’t make it to the mailbox.

At least this badly needed check is in hand.

You know I’ve already sent a complaint to the post office for my zip code. Would you expect anything less?

No comments: