Friday, April 25, 2008

Well I'll Be Damned

The unimaginable is happening.

The suspect grass seed and foam that was put down last fall when the new sidewalk was completed is actually sprouting.

No bullshit.

If you remember correctly, I wasn't overly optimistic that anything was going to grow.

I woke up the other day and noticed that there was a greenish tint to the ground across the street. When I arrived downstairs for a closer look, I saw tender blades of new grass had popped up.

Yes Ladies and Gentlemen that's what it's come down to---I'm literally watching grass grow.

Damn, I may get my "player card" revoked for that.

Grass may not be as exciting as dishing on my developer or talking about condo drama but with spring and renewal unfolding in front of our eyes, our new grass is kind of a rebirth for this little patch of Woodlawn.

Pictures soon to follow as soon as I figure out how to download them from my Blackberry.

No comments: