Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Good Night & Good Luck

Justice is for those who can afford such luxuries.

Unfortunately while our association is in a much better position financially, we aren’t at the point where we can shell out a $7,500 retainer for a lawyer.

A lawyer who would of took the case on a contingency fee might I add.

Every lawyer or legal person I’ve spoken to has said we have an open and shut case. Slam dunk, no question.

But as I’m sure you all know because you’re up on things like that---a judgment isn’t worth the piece of paper it’s written on.

Yeah, it’s great to be able to attach it on to a credit report but we’re looking for the cash.

Cold, hard, put it in the bank account cash.

Anything less---lawsuit wise---is pointless.

I mean we just got bitch slapped by the bankruptcy trustee regarding the almost $7,000 judgment against Maurice Cousin.

While I personally like to mix it up when I know I’ve been wronged, this isn’t my call. It’s the association’s call and I can’t see those kids willing to extend more energy for the probability of a less than stellar result.

Being fair has nothing to do with justice.

Personally I don’t want to get all Bart Ross on this issue either.

I’m not trying to make light of the pain that psycho cause Judge Lefkow’s family but rather to underscore that sometime you need to know when to when to let it go.

No matter how right you may be or feel you may be.

When you make an issue your number one priority it can consume your very existence until there’s nothing left.

Carlton Knight isn’t worth my soul.

God knows, if he believes in such things, he’s going to have a hard enough time saving his own.

As I’ve said before karma is a motherfucker.

Now don’t think I won’t be persuaded to get back in the fight if a cool $10K or excellent free legal representation drops out of the sky (wouldn’t we make a great pro bono case, hint, hint) but the chances of that are remote.

It’s not that the dog isn’t hunting anymore but rather needed to take a rest after all of that hunting.

I’m sure the scent will get picked up again in the near future.

No comments: