Wednesday, October 12, 2005

London Bridge Redux

Okay---I don’t think our porches are falling down. They ARE falling down.

Our vendors The Porch People came out on Monday to assess the porches for reinforcement until the permits came through. When they arrived and started looking at the condition of the porches, they gave me a sort of dumbfounded look.

A kind of “I-can’t-believe-anyone-hasn’t-gotten-seriously-hurt-or-killed-yet” kind of look.

Because we had a language barrier, they found a way to make me understand:

One of the gentlemen put his hand on a banister and simply pulled a piece off without even flexing a muscle. The chunk of wood he pulled out crumbled in his hands.

I almost started to cry.

1 comment:

The Woodlawn Wonder said...

Actually the Porch People have been real troopers throughout all of this. I can't say enough good things about them.

High Standards my eye, they just don't want to see anyone get killed. Hey, perhaps that has something to do with ethics and high standards after all.