Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Unmixing

Our electrical is, quite frankly, a mess.

If you've read my earlier post about this epic saga---you already know about that drama.

After having countless electricians come over to take a look at the electrical system then run like the wind; we have finally found someone who apparently can take care of our individual unit issues.

While as an association we have many issues with our electrical system, the main culprit is the electrical wiring for one unit may be connected to the circuit for another.

As a result, one unit owner may be paying for the electricity for their unit AND the portion of another unit.

In my case (to the best of my knowledge) I'm paying for my electricity AND the basement electricity of my tier which includes our building's intercom system.

Ain't life grand?

So like the diligent little home owners that we are, my first floor neighbor and I intended to get the problem rectified.

It be unfortunate if you kids saw me out on the corner in order to pay my mortgage like electric bill.

By the way, our electrical provider, Commonwealth Edison has sharply increased their rates so everyone's bills are taking a hit.

Silly us---we tried to get the other unit owner in our tier and her property manager on board. Thinking that once our electrical was corrected, there is a significant chance that her unit (and some of the common areas) might be in the dark.

Seeing that she has renters that wouldn't be a good thing.

Much to our surprise we’ve met resistance. The next few e-mail posted e-mail transmissions will tell the story.

Why can't anything be easy around this joint?

No comments: