Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Unmixing, Happy New Year

This e-mail is dated 1/5/07 and was sent from me to my condo board and the two other owners in my tier:


Folks,

As some of you may know the electrical service in my unit has been a major concern to me for the past few years.

In fact it was only last year during the porch construction that I discovered that the electrical to the back of my unit was tied in the XXXX basement electrical. Knowing that XXXX has also had similar problems in the past, both she and I setup an appointment with XXXX from XXXX Electric to see if our individual situations can be sorted through.

I'm mentioning this to the board as the electrical to some common areas and other units in the XXXX tier (or the building as a whole) may be affected by any discoveries and/or changes.

For instance, if the basement power has been erroneously connected to a circuit for my unit, that power will eventually be disconnected. It is my hope if such an issue arises, that all of this can be done as seamlessly as possible.

Seeing that we know the electrical work on the original condo conversion was questionable at best, I have a feeling that unit owners have been partially paying for other unit owners (or the common areas) electric usage.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Woody

No comments: